Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Prequel

Where should I begin? Let's see...My husband and I have been married for 6 yrs. and together for 11 yrs. We set out to try to do everything the so called "right"way. Graduated from college, got engaged, got married, opened businesses, established careers, bought a house & here we are. Two years into our marriage, the official "baby fever" begins to set in. There are many things that I think contribute to baby fever. Such as if all your friends are getting knocked up. Families always asking you that one nagging question. Not to mention this baby craze with celebrities. The social media has made it the "it thing" to do and babies are the hottest new accessory in Hollywierd. I can definitely see a social pressure to be pregnant. However I also do believe in that good 'ol biological clock. I believe all of the above were factors on what got me here today. Something to note on baby fever, it is not irreversible! Once you're bitten, it will only grow stronger. Before you know it, you're oozing J & J out of your ears and you find all your sentences starting off with "when i have a baby...". Oh and you can't forget the "baby goggles". Everywhere you go is attack of the preggers. Not to mention the constant pregnancy announcements on Facebook. Any-hoo...here is my bumpy ride through infertility...

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I found you through a discussion at the Lady Blogger's Society. I was so grateful for your responses to my discussion that I came to check out your blog. I am in the process of catching up to date with all your posts. I completely agree about the baby goggles. My husband and I have really been having the itch to have a baby lately, but we are still young and in school, so we are trying to hold off. One day I was really sick and late, so automatically my mind jumped to pregnant (mostly out of hope, joy, excitement, but some fear since that's not the plan yet. But hey! we would make it work!) Everywhere I went that day, pregnant woman after pregnant woman! I know that for you, seeing those women felt completely different than it did when I saw them, but I agree that your brain sees them and totally zooms in on it. It's like an obsession. Turns out, I wasn't prego. It worked out all for the best since we are trying to be financially stable and ready when we bring a child into the world. I can't say I wasn't a little disappointed though, regardless of what was the rational choice. I am very excited to read your blog and go on this journey with you. Some of my husband's medical history shows that we may not be able to conceive until he has surgery. I might find myself in a similar situation to you one day. I really feel empathy towards what you're going through, and I hope to get to know you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara,thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog & comment. :)I truly hope you don't have a rough time TTC. I'm sure you won't though. I know it's hard to do but TRY not to worry about it, especially early on. One HUGE thing I've learned during this experience is the mind is a POWERFUL thing. I'm a worrier & stressor & I believe it has had a big impact on our outcomes. I wish you tons of baby dust when you are ready to begin trying. ;)Happy to meet you!!!!

    ReplyDelete