Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"Dr. 90210"

We are arriving to the clinic conveniently located around the corner from Rodeo Drive. This was the perfect opportunity to tug on the husband's heart strings for perhaps a lil sympathy gift. I don't know? Maybe a Louis Vuitton bag?Tiffany Jewelry? Of course the hubs shot that down quickly and gave me an ultimatum. "Would you rather have a baby or a shopping spree on Rodeo Drive?" I'm sure you can guess my answer. We went straight to the clinic without any detours. The clinic was very nice and full with patients. Overall great first impression! I was pleased to see the doc remembered us and even had my email of questions for him printed out.  He was very patient with us and went over all our remaining questions and concerns thoroughly. We received a tour of their facility and I could begin to feel the weight lifting off my shoulders. Could it be??? I could hear the angels singing and a ray of light shining down on us. Alleluia....Alleluia-Alleluia! No more consultations? No more doctors and paperwork? The answer was YES INDEED. Thank ya LORD JESUS! We found our Man. Let's do this...
Next step-blood work and in fact I begin taking birth control pills (something I probably never needed to take in the past, looking back). It sounds counter productive but the BC gives your ovaries a chance to catch some ZZZ's before they begin their marathon in follicle production. Those poor lil guys are gonna be working over time.  The doctor also recommended taking a vitamin supplement, DHEA to help with my slightly high FSH levels. So three weeks of this and then on with the nitty gritty!  The butterflies are already stirring. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So excited that things are moving. As you well know, waiting is pure torture! I remember well the ????? feeling as I downed that first BCP. I am sending up a prayer for you now!!!! Can't wait to here your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much GoodsonFL!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete